Hey girls! Interested in a career in science? Would you like to have the opportunity to talk to successful women in the field of science about their experiences and backgrounds? If so, then we are excited to announce an exciting upcoming event on March 10th: SOLVE‘s: Women In Science Day 2012, hosted by Pacific University!
During this event which includes free breakfast and lunch, you will have the opportunity to meet women from a wide spectrum of scientific fields and have a chat about pursuing a career in science. We will be having a continental breakfast meet and greet at Pacific University before heading out to Gale’s Creek in Forest Grove, one of SOLVE‘s restoration sites, to plant some trees and shrubs together.
Read on for the specifics:
Who: Girls ages 12 and up
When: Saturday March 10, 9:00 am -1:00 pm
Where & What to Expect:
- 9:00 am: Breakfast and Activity with Mentors
- Location: Pacific University, Forest Grove (Milky Way Room of the Creamery Building)
- Girls will see a brief presentation on careers in science and then have a chance to talk with mentors in a smaller group setting about their careers and how they got there. Breakfast will be donated by Pacific University.
- 11:00 am: Tree Planting
- Location: Gales Creek, Forest Grove
- After our morning activities, we will take a chartered bus to Gales Creek, one of our active restoration sites, to plant native trees and shrubs. Lunch will be provided at the end of the day, the bus will be back at Pacific University by 1pm.
What to bring: Please wear appropriate clothing and shoes to be outside planting trees. SOLVE will provide tools and food.
We look forward to another exciting Women In Science Day!